Monday, August 26, 2013

It's A Disaster - Netflix - 3 Stars


It's A Disaster (2012) - NetFlix - 3 Stars
A dark, off-beat comedy worth the watch on your Flix account!


File:It's a Disaster film festival poster.jpg 

      So, my wife says, "Let's watch a movie on Netflix." I'm all like, "Sure, why not." Then she's like, "I get to pick the movie though." Which I guess I'm okay with because what that translates into is, no action or sci-fi movies. I can live with that. So we fall upon this movie, which at first glance looks a little dumb. However once you read the cast you can't help but be like, "Wow! That's one hell of a powerhouse group of actors!"
Starring America Ferrera, Julia Stiles, Kevin Brennen and many others. Directed by Todd Berger and released by Oscilloscope Laboratories.
      Set in current times, a group of friends gather to have a "couples brunch", filled with lots of awkward moments and is anything but a relaxing afternoon brunch with friends. Only after attempting to watch a UT football game, do they notice that lines of communication with the outside world have been severed. After the declaration of possible disaster things quickly spiral into chaos.
       I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. The plot, especially in this day and age, was along with their individual reactions very believable. The all-star cast really helps pull it off though. I think I especially liked America Ferrara's character the most, as she being a very highly educated person immediately knows the worst case scenario they may face.
       Overall, I give this movie 3 stars for being entertaining and a nice Netflix surprise. On a side note, this movie won an award for having one of the best Promotional posters,....in history!

No comments:

Post a Comment