Monday, August 19, 2013

Fall TV Schedule

Well, I must say that for once I find myself truly excited for regular TV shows!?! There are just a bunch of shows that have been and continue to be amazing, while a new few on the horizon look to have a lot of potential. Let's sum a few up. Shall we?

   Supernatural: PUDDING!!!! Yup, if you watch it, you know it. It's great. I was pretty sure that last season was going to be the end of one of my favorite series. Then I found out that, no, There would be another season. I was like, HELL YEAH!!! Then (SPOILER!!!) , like teardrops, all the angels fell to earth on the season finale and I was like, BALLS!!! I can't wait to see how they pull everything together in this upcoming season. Not to mention, how will Castiel play into things? Oh and FYI, Dean totally jacked those rims for his Impala!

   Sons Of Anarchy: I know, I know. Big Real, you watch S.O.A!?! Why yes, yes I do. It's awesome! It's so borderline not okay for regular TV that I'm inexplicably drawn to it. Between the plot twists and very interesting characters, if you can make it past the uber-violence, it becomes a must watch series. After what they did to Opie, my favorite character, I always expect the worst for the Redwood Originals but hope for the best. As my wife always says after each episode, "Why can't any of them have a good, calm day?"

   The Walking Dead:  Now,.... you know good and well this was going to be on here. I mean seriously, how could you doubt that? This series has set the bar for, well,....everything. Hell, this show sets the bar unknowingly for the Simpsons! That's how good it is. How good is it? It's so good,...that it got picked up for another season! No jokes with this one, it's real!  Not literally of course. I won't go into the intricacies of last season but I will say, It's a shame to have to see the crew leave the somewhat safe confines of the prison they had set up, however the story must go on. The TV series has strayed a ways from the graphic novel but maintains a true path. I'm also not ashamed to say I'm glad to see Andrea gone! She was a weight that was not only holding everyone back but was unknowingly drowning the rest of them to stay afloat. I never liked her character. Michonne and Darryl however are absolutely awesome. Rick, well, he needs to pull up the big boy britches and get back to work because that soon to be loony tunes son of his, is gonna become a problem. I've always said, "The #1 cause of death in a zombie apocalypse is children"!

American Horror Story Coven:  This series started off strong!!! The first season was, without a doubt, the best horror series made for television EVER!!! I loosely say, "made for TV", because let us be honest,...IT IS NOT. At best, I would consider it to be heavily borderline. Hell, I wouldn't even complain if they said, "This show needs to be on HBO." I'd understand. It's risky, to put it lightly. If you are faint of heart and heavy on morals, this is NOT the show for you. So, for most of America, it's awesome and the ratings verified my unyielding rightisity, my word don't use it. Season two also began very strong, with one of the most intense possession scenes I've ever witnessed on national television. Hell, lol, it even rivaled The Exorcist. Then, however, at the mid-point of the season the writers went off on so many different tangents that it was hard to keep up with them all. There was the amazing possession, an alien abduction, a nazi mad scientist,...wait what!?! Yes,.. a NAZI MAD SCIENTIST!!!! They went there,...with a passport and suitcases. Hopefully this season can stay focused a little more than last but best believe, I'll be there to watch everyone episode.

Teen Mom: Seriously,..NO. But I had you going!!!!

 Marvel's: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D : Joss Whedon. Nuff said? No, unfortunately not. I love me some Joss, however he is super hit and miss. Let's not get the Firefly rampage started. Quick internet FYI, never talk badly about that series! Seriously, you will end up with a 100 cos-players at your door with foam weapons ready for vengeance. They do not play. For real, these fans took it upon themselves to punk the movie industry into making a theatrically released film(Serendipity), with a decent budget I might add. Everything Joss touches turns gold or crumbles into obscurity. I for one have enjoyed Joss's creations. His work on the Avengers, his past work on Buffy TVS, Angel, frikkin Dollhouse! I know right,...Dollhouse,...HOT! Anyway, I do appreciate the deviation from the caped, shielded, demi-godded and SMASH pron supers. This series will focus more on the C.I.A., like insert title here, peeps of the Marvel universe. I have heard that some supers will make cameos however. Everyone from Iron Man to the not so well known supers like Luke Cage. So time will tell, fingers crossed! Can I get a Iron Fist or X-23 cameo PLEEEEEASE!!!????


   So those are a few of my favorites, if you want to share your thoughts feel free, Firefly fans included.

No comments:

Post a Comment